Accompanying the amateur in the pleasure of tasting, bettane+desseauve have been showcasing their very personal selection of growers since 2005 throughout a series of national and international editions of Le Grand Tasting in Paris, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo and - for the 4th edition, in partnership with the Australia International Wine Challenge - Sydney from 5th to 7th November 2020 in the Sydney Lower Town Hall.
Le Grand Tasting is a wine festival where the best wines can be tasted, and the trade buyers and visitors have the chance to meet the people that make them.
General Ticket: AU$ 100 per person
Advance Purchase by 5 September : AU$ 50 per person
WHY THE GRAND TASTING SYDNEY IS INDISPENSABLE FOR SUCCESS IN THE AUSTRALIA WINE MARKET AND INDEED INTERNATIONALLY?
* The very best chateaux/domaines and wineries will participate.
* This is possible through the unique connections which B&D and AIWC enjoy with the thousands of leading wine producers (large and small) internationally including of course Australia.
* Who will attend?
- Australia wine lovers and wine consumers: together with our partners, through advertising and direct contacts with our database members, we will contact 50,000 of Australia’s wine lovers and wine aficionados.
- We will also contact Australia’s leading importers and distributors.
- Wine related organisations – we will contact the Australia Sommelier Association, Commanderie de Bordeaux (Australia’s Branch), etc.
* Brand exposure and sale
- These will occur during 3 days of our Grand Tasting event from 5-7th November 2020.
- We will also subsequently work with key members of the top retail and on premise trade in Australia to secure continuing awareness and demand for the participating wine producers and their wonderful products.
15th March 2020
5th September 2020
5th October 2020
Wednesday 4th November 2020
Thursday 5th November – Friday 6th November
Thursday 5th November
Friday 6th November
Grand Tasting Sydney 2020 open for registration!
* Last day for registration by exhibitors and for the balance of the payment by exhibitors
* Last day for the Advance Purchase Tickets - tickets for the participants can be purchased at AU$ 50 per person by this date. After 6th September it is AU$ 100 per person.
Wines must reach our Sydney warehouse.
All exhibitors must participate in our RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) workshop, which will result in securing the certification necessary for pouring wine.
Grand Tasting, with Master Classes throughout in the Southern Function Room (40 persons maximum, reservations accepted in order received).
Dinner with organisers, exhibitors and key members of the Australia wine trade
Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony, in close partnership with Gourmet Traveller Wine, Riedel and Vintec.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
All exhibitors should pay any balance of their participation fees by 5th October to the bank account shown on our registration form.
All exhibitors should supply full details of the wines to be exhibited/tasted/sold. These should include:
* Full name of the wine as it appears on the label.
* Copies of each front and back label.
* Certificate of Origin.
* Analysis from Government approved laboratory
* Description of the producer and the wine as it will appear in our booklet
* Organic or biodynamic certification if appropriate
* Confirmation of the number of bottles/cases of each wine to be sent
All wines should arrive our Sydney warehouse by 5th October 2020
The Finishing Hall
74 Edinburgh Rd, Marrickville NSW 2204
Telephone: +61 2.9557.7359
* We will provide each exhibitor sending wines from overseas with details of our customs clearance who will arrange at the exhibitor’s cost for wines to clear customs and to be delivered to our warehouse.
If the wines are being submitted by overseas, all tax/duties must be paid by the exhibitor in advance as part of their shipping arrangement.